Two hours before the official opening hours, speed skaters can use the ice track for training purposes in good weather. Delays may occur in the event of heavy precipitation.
- Tickets for the ice skating lesson can be bought at the ticket machine in front of the main entrance.
- Speed skates can be rented the day before at the skate rental with a deposit. The skate rental is not open during speed skating.
- Speed skating skates: Protect skates with a shoe saver. Do not take them off until shortly before being on the ice.
- Helmet and gloves are not compulsory, but recommended by Davos Tourism.
- Counterclockwise speed skating ‘left around’.
Guidelines for speed skaters
The speed skating rink in Davos is narrow. The following guidelines therefore apply to speed skaters.
- Speed skaters who do not actively move on the ice will run on the outer edge of the track.
- Speed skaters who actively move on the ice run on the inner edge of the track.
- Faster speed skaters are always considerate of the slower ones and overtake outside.
- Before you return to the outer edge of the track as an active speed skater, look back briefly to avoid hindering a faster speed skater. The same goes for the start of the active run.
- If you want to take a break, you should leave the track.
- No standing speed skaters on the track.
- Do not form large groups on the ice. The track is too narrow for that. Speed skating always one after the other.
- The speed of each individual skater should be adapted to his or her ability, falls should be avoided and safety should be the top priority.
- The use of the speed skating facility is at your own risk. Mats protect at the danger points in the curve.