Hiking routes, Bike tours, Freeriding: Parsenn offers a most diverse range of activities and can be reached from both Davos and Klosters. The Parsenn funicular railway travels from the centre of Davos village to the middle station or on to the Weissfluhjoch, and from Klosters the Gotschna cable car transports guests up to the Gotschnagrat. The Parsenn offers visitors a wealth of attractive starting points for varied hikes, thrilling bike tours and adventurous runs down the spectacular freeriding run to Klosters.
Gotschna Freeride Piste
Gotschna Freeride Piste flyer(PDF 2.3 MB)
Freeride Piste - Explanations of the elements (PDF 1.4 MB)
- Closed Gotschna Freeride Piste
- Length 5700 m Difference 590 m
|Location||Railway station Klosters Platz, Cable Car Klosters – Gotschnaboden|
|Course||Gotschnaboden – Klosters|
|Length||5.78 km, 590 meters|
|Requirements||Biking skills: Single Trail and back country experience|
|Opening hours||completely open from 29. June 2013|
|Please note||The trail has a special freeride signage|
|Costs||Tariffs Davos Klosters Moutains|
|Rental||Freeride bikes and equipment are available in the bike shops:
+41 (0)81 417 68 00
Fax. +41 (0)81 417 68 01
- Parsenn-Höhenweg: Approx. 150 m to the right towards the north of the middle station of the Parsenn funicular railway at a height of 2220 m above sea level. This pad can be used in summer and in winter. The best wind direction is NE-S.
- Parsenn-Weissfluhjoch: Just below the top station of the funicular railway by the Parsenn Rapid chairlift. Ideal wind direction: SE, Altitude of the starting pad: 2650 m.
- Parsenn-Weissfluh Summit North At an altitude of 2820 m, the highest starting pad in the Davos Klosters region with wonderful views across the Grisons Alps. 5 minutes walk from the Weissfluh summit top station, past the restaurant, right along the ski run to the windsock. This pad can only be reached on foot from the Weissfluhjoch top station (approx. 45 min. to an hour walk). Start direction: N, Degree of difficulty: easy.
- Gotschnagrat North: at an altitude of 2280 m, less than a 3-minute walk. Follow the path to the right from the Gotschna cable car top station. Wind direction: NW-NE, Degree of difficulty: intermediate to difficult.
- Gotschnagrat South: at an altitude of 2250 m, a 7-minute walk. Follow the path to the left from the top station, where the starting pad is located beyond the Schwarzseealp-Gotschnagrat chairlift with the windsock. Ideal wind direction: SE-S, Degree of difficulty: easy